Saturday, July 28, 2012

They got the sirens loose, I ran right outta juice

Went up to Jacksonville this week. Barely spent any time IN Jacksonville though, as out of my 3 days there I spent one day in Daytona, and one in Tallahassee. This was my first time in Tallahassee ever. The drive over from Jax was nice, mostly 2 lanes but in nice tree-laden straights, with a few hills. Being from South Florida, land of flat and medium sized trees, these super tall trees always catch my attention.

This was my first time doing the store visit in Tallahassee, and it was nice. Smaller store, but it's laid out nice and the staff was very excited to have me there. They were all very cool and down to earth. Wish they were closer so I could visit more often!

After the visit I got to spend some time with Dana. I hadn't seen her in quite a while, and I came to realize that I had never actually hung out with her, just her and me. Carolyn was always there. It was nice! We drove around a bit and explored. She showed me Lichgate, this hidden little park with a huge sprawling oak tree and some community gardens. We also did the Museum of Florida History, a free (donations suggested, but not required) museum of natural history related to Florida. It was surprisingly nice! There were some very cool displays, including the inside of a Florida orange house, a 2 floor steamboat, and an upstairs area called "Grandma's Attic" which is full of many things for kids to play with. There's a surveillance camera that shoots a feed to an old style TV downstairs so that parents can watch their kids play without having to go up. After we drove out west a bit, and explored some neighborhoods. It was getting slightly foggy, so it was pretty cool!

Of course, I ended up leaving my Sunpass transponder in the rental car. I do too good a job hiding it behind the rearview mirror so I don't see it while driving, but it makes it so that I keep missing it...second time this happens! Thankfully they have it at Lost and Found and they will be sending me it this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment