Sunday, July 8, 2012

$5 days at Miami Metrozoo! (Zoo Miami)

Paola mentioned she wanted an adventure day this week. I had been thinking of many different options, but it’s just been too damned hot out for anything adventurous! I thought about Rapids, but it’s $40. Thankfully in the midst of my research I was reminded that the zoo was doing $5 days this week for 4th of July.

I had seen the promo before but all that popped into my head was “ugh that’s going to be so full” haha. This worked for adventure day though, even if it was packed it was only $5. Plus, I’d be able to get some photography done. So, having secured Friday off by working on the 4th of July, we made our way down to the deepest depths of South Florida. As anticipated, there were a lot of people. It was mostly manageable though, with the exception of the inside of some of the small buildings. I seriously don’t under stand what compels these idiots to bring a damned STROLLER inside a tiny room that is packed. Mind you, there is no child in the stroller, they are just rolling it around.

The heat was pretty bad most of the day, but through a mix of staying in the shadows and drinking a LOT of water (brought my Camelbak…but forget my cooldownz! boo) we managed to stay alive. Zoo was a lot of fun. As can be imagined, a lot of the animals were hiding because of the heat. The aviary was, as always, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment