Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Well, no lightning....

Art of Animation Resort Photo venture: Since my lovely time described in my last post…I hopped back in the car, and made my way back to the Art of Animation resort. Very many little annoyances threatened to make me explode…but thankfully I kept my cool! I spent a good amount of time walking around trying to make the last of the sunset light, while the intense clouds loomed over head. Got a few shots of the Finding Nemo section, and was able to walk into one of the buildings. Nice motif inside, simple but pleasing. Found a hidden mickey on the floor.

Cars section: Next I meandered over to the Cars section. THIS is the crown jewel of this resort, I think. While the Nemo section is brilliant and has a lot of great things in it, I think some of the beauty gets lost in the fact that the pool area is HUGE, and a little too spaced out. Great for the pool users, but it doesn’t feel as tight as Cars. You are greeted by two huge lit billboards on the side of the buildings, and then follow a “road” down into the inner part of the area. There are many Cars laid about the road, light up and gazing at you with their eyes. The theming in this area is top notch, from the upside down cone cactus planter, to the beautiful painted simplistic mountain ranges on the building sides, to the light up cone lamps. And there’s even Cone Teepees in the pool area for families to gather in!

Side story: I was waiting at the end of the Cars pool area, with my camera propped up against the fence towards the last building to take a photo. A man was talking a shot of his kid against one of the cars there, so I waited. Then he needed the kid to take a photo of him. This took a few minutes. He’s seen me waiting a few times already. He finally mentions something to the kid “well that’s guy’s waiting to take a photo” but then stops to check the photo the son took, and makes him retake it. 3 times. And then makes the kid move to the other nearby car to take more photos. This entire encounter takes 10 minutes. 10 minutes of time, this bastard KNOWS I’m waiting to take a photo. Thankfully at this point of the evening I had embraced my inner bliss and these annoyances were bouncing off me like bullets off superman. But seriously…come on! I ended up zooming in as much as I could with my wide angle and took a photo of him look like a dumbass on the car. I will be posting it as soon as I edit the shots haha.

Bridge over to Pop Century: I took the Millennium bridge over to the Pop Century resort. That one also has some superb theming. There’s one part where you walk through a foosball field, complete with foosball players 2xs the size of you.

D-Street: Passed by Downtown Disney to do a Vinylmation trade. No luck there. (Earlier in the day I got a pirate from the POTC series that not only has a hat, but also a hook hand!) They did have the Nerds Rock Figment, which I had totally forgotten about! He’s pretty awesome. Got a churru on the way back to the car, and I think that was the highlight of my evening…haha…that churro was awesome!

Drive: I wanted to stop by Magic Kingdom to do some night shots of Storybook Circus, but it was getting late and I just felt like I’d be spending 75% of my time trying to get into and out of the park, so I just drove around for a bit and then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment