Monday, August 6, 2012

Poop in the mouths of the inconsiderate.

I've had one of the worst, most miserable allergy-ridden days of my life today.

It started with the car rental this morning. He offered me a Jeep but wasn't sure if it had an AUX in (which is a necessity for my long drives and anxiety) so I ended up with the only other car that was ready, a car which had just been returned. Unfortunately, the assholes who had the car before me had dogs in the car, and didn't bother to clean up. I noticed a few pet hairs on the carpet but a quick glance didn't show more (it was dark hair) so I just took it. BIIIIIG mistake.

The car is FULL of pet hair. It's dark. And I didn't notice this until I had a full blown allergy attack halfway across alligator alley. It's not the rental agency's fault because I took the car before he could clean it. But those people...I hope those dogs poop in their mouths while they sleep tonight. INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLES.

Anyway, I tried my best to drive with the windows down, but that wasn't always feasible due to phone calls and meetings. 3+ hours in that car though, did me in. I spent the rest of the day with on and off allergy attacks. When I finally reached my last store visit of the day, I had been recovering from the last attack. Unfortunately though, I guess that store had a really high dust level, because after an hour I started having an attack. It didn't stop for the next 3 hours. My right eye was almost completed closed. My nose would not stop dripping and my eyes would not stop crying. It was terrible. I kept running to the bathroom to wash my face, and it did not help.

This ended up giving me a migraine. When I finally got to the hotel, I took an hour long bath. It didn't entirely help, but it helped a bit. After I decided to take a cold shower....for 20 minutes. That did the most good. The migraine started going away.

I feel MUCH better now...although the allergies are still killing me. I have tissues stuffed in my nose, that's the only way it's somewhat manageable. I've taken allergy pills but they don't seem to be doing much....baaaaaaaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment